Calling all incorporated not for profits, Australian local government agencies / bodies (non-Urban centres) and non-distributing corporations – are you in tourism? Do you manage, own, operate or have grand plans to be involved in tourism? Round 5 of the Building Better Regions Fund Infrastructure Stream may be just what you need to see your plans come to life!
The Australian Government has put aside $100M of grant funding for tourism-related infrastructure, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
We’ve read through the grant eligibility and criteria and have put together some helpful tips:
- Grant amounts are available from $20,000 up to $10M projects
- Tourism infrastructure can be new, upgrades or an extension – construction must not have yet started
- Co-contribution – depending on your circumstances, the grant you receive may cover 50%, 75% (for remote or very remote proposals) or the entire 100% of your requirements (exceptional circumstances)
- Objectives are to drive economic growth, build strong sustainable regions and communities, create jobs, positively impact economic activity including economic benefits for Indigenous people, enhance community facilities, pride and liveability
- Proposals must be investment ready – that is construction needs to commence within 12 weeks of signing your grant agreement.
- Relevant approvals for construction must have been obtained, designs and costings finalised
- The assessment criteria requires supporting evidence demonstrating:
- Economic benefits for your region
- Social benefits for your region
- Capacity, capability and resources to deliver the project
- The impact funding will have on your project – this may include employment, social wellbeing, business and economic growth, improved regional liveability, growth in visitation. Projects requesting over $1M will also be required to submit a Cost Benefit Analysis.
Over the years, we have worked with so many incorporated not for profits, local government agencies and non-distributing corporations on tourism planning projects. Now is the time to start benefitting from those plans.
If you need help with the application and business case process, our expert grant writers, economists and strategists are on stand-by. Get in touch and we can put together a solution to help your application get noticed – email@example.com or learn about our past successful projects here.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to finally take those tourism plans off the shelf and into realisation.
Grant applications close 5 March 2021.
For further details on grant requirements visit www.business.gov.au